Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oratory/Expos, etc. - follow up on a previous post

Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor who I've posted about before died last Sat. at age 47.

His CMU "Last Lecture" and an email i just got aused me to pause and reflect on the collective wisdom that he and they have taught me. (The below I blatantly and honestly steal from Mark Goulston. http://markgoulston.com)

1. "No dying man wishes he'd spent more time at the office."

2. While you're out trying to win the respect and admiration of the outside world who usually won't give it to you, don't make those who really do care about you feel like their love and respect isn't worth anything.

3. Don't let your emotional shyness cause you to wait until it's too late to say: "I'm sorry," "Thank you," "I love you" and "I'll miss you."

4. Wealth is what you take from the world; worth is what you give back a.k.a. In the end, it' s not what you have that matters, it's what you leave behind.

5. Smart is about knowing what will make you money; Wisdom is about knowing what's important.

6. Love means ALWAYS having to say (and show) you're sorry.

No comments: